Is it True that a Masticating Juicer is Hard to Clean?
No, it is not true that masticating juicers are hard to clean. A masticating juicer is extremely easy to clean and can be cleaned in less than 5 minutes. The simple assembly and disassembly of parts make cleaning a breeze. All debris can be simply rinsed off most parts – screens can be cleaned with a bristled brush, usually included with the juicer. Lastly, if you purchase a juicer with dishwasher safe parts, you can easily rinse and toss in the dishwasher.
How long does it take to clean a masticating juicer?
It takes less than 5 minutes to clean a masticating juicer. I can clean my Omega masticating juicer in 2 minutes if I am rinsing parts and tossing in the dishwasher. If I want to fully clean the juicer by hand and not use the dishwasher, it takes about 4 minutes.
How to clean a masticating juicer?
You clean a masticating juicer by disassembling all parts and rinsing and scrubbing those parts until clean, if you purchase a masticating juicer with dishwasher safe parts you can rinse and toss in the dishwasher to make cleaning easier.
Masticating juicers are extremely easy to disassemble, this easy disassembly allows you to quickly break the parts down, give them a quick rinse and scrub with a brush and voila, all cleaned up in no time.
The 8-step process below took my masticating juicer from a complete mess to sparkly clean in 4 minutes.
8 easy steps to clean a masticating juicer in minutes:
1. Turn off juicer, dump pulp, and transfer juice to container.
2. Slide empty pulp container under juice exit to catch drips
3. Remove outer cap, rinse, and place in over sink strainer
4. Remove juicing screen, rinse, brush clean, and place in strainer
5. Remove auger, rinse, and place in strainer
6. Remove chamber, rinse, and place in strainer
7. Rinse and brush clean the juice straining screen
8. Once all items are rinsed/cleaned, either store in drying rack or toss in dishwasher if preferred.
That’s it, 8 easy steps and your masticating juicer is cleaned and ready for next time. Total time to clean my Omega J8006 masticating juicer is around 4 minutes, that time can be cut in half to around 2 minutes if I just give a quick rinse and toss in the dishwasher.
Overall, a masticating juicer is one of the easiest juicers to assemble, disassemble and clean. I hope that these instructions on how to clean a masticating juicer were helpful in answering your questions about how hard it is to clean masticating juicers.
If you are interested in learning more about masticating juicers check out my following posts:
- What is a masticating juicer and how do they work?
- Masticating Vs. Centrifugal Juicers – What are the differences?
- Why Masticating Juicers are better than Centrifugal Juicers
- Twin Gear Juicers Vs Masticating Juicers
If you are undecided on the type of juicer you want to buy, refer to my Ultimate Guide to the different Types of Juicers, here I cover all different types of juicers and the pros and cons of each.
Thanks for stopping by, until next time, Happy Juicing!
Leave a Reply